Brendan McClements is the Global Head of Events for TLA Worldwide.
From 2007 through to mid-2016, Brendan McClements held the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Victorian Major Events Company (VMEC), one of the world’s leading major events acquisitions businesses.
Key achievements over this time have included:
- Establishing and driving an award-winning Major Events Calendar which delivers an economic benefit to Victoria of $1.8billion annually
- On behalf of the State, successfully creating and implementing the blockbuster cultural event “White Night Melbourne”
- Attracting the premiere seasons of blockbuster theatrical productions including Mary Poppins in 2010, War Horse in 2012, King Kong in 2013, Les Misérables in 2014 and Kinky Boots in 2016
- A succession of blockbuster sporting events for the State including The Presidents Cup (2010 and 2019), the record breaking Australian appearance of the Liverpool Football Club (2013), creating and implementing the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race (2015) and securing the first overseas round of International Champions Cup between Real Madrid, Manchester City, AS Roma (2015)
- Securing a series of outstanding cultural initiatives for the State including Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs (2011), Tim Burton : The Exhibition (2010), Grace Kelly : Style Icon Exhibition (2012), and Monet’s Garden (2013).
Prior to his roles at VMEC, Brendan managed the Corporate Affairs and Strategy functions for the International Cricket Council (ICC) in London as GM – Corporate Affairs and spent four years from 2002 to 2006 working in London and Dubai with the ICC. The role with the ICC followed a term with the then Australian Cricket Board’s Senior Executive Team as General Manager – Public Affairs.
Before moving to specialise in international sport, Mr McClements spent seven years in communications, marketing and public affairs, communications across business in the financial services, brewing and sporting industries.